Save the Date-CDC ICCPUD Webinar, June 26, 2013
Mark your calendars for the next webinar in the Preventing Underage Drinking series sponsored by the federal Interagency Coordinating Committee on the Prevention of Underage Drinking (ICCPUD). The ICCPUD member agency hosting this event is the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
When: June 26, 2013, 2:00-3:00 p.m. EDT
Who: CDC leadership, CDC staff, and a panel of national experts on excessive alcohol use prevention:
- Thomas R. Frieden, MD, MPH, Director, CDC;
- Dafna Kanny, PhD, Senior Scientist, Alcohol Program, Division of Population Health (DPH), National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (NCCDPHP), CDC;
- Robert D. Brewer, MD, MSPH, Alcohol Program Leader, DPH, NCCDPHP, CDC;
- Timothy S. Naimi, MD, MPH, Associate Professor, Boston University School of Medicine and Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MA;
- James F. Mosher, JD, President, Alcohol Policy Consultations and Senior Policy Advisor, The CDM Group, Inc., Felton, CA;
- Michael Sparks, MA; President, SparksInitiatives, Maui, HI.
What: In this webinar, national experts will provide an overview of recent scientific findings on underage and binge drinking in the U.S. as well as Community Preventive Services Task Force (CPSTF)-recommended strategies to address it; examine new research findings on the relationship between state alcohol policies and underage drinking; discuss the current status of alcohol regulations in the U.S.; and present case studies on the translation of CPSTF-recommended strategies into public health practice.
Where: To find more information and to register, please visit www.stopalcoholabuse.gov